Friday, December 08, 2006

As Promised....

I said you'd be the first to hear if Ethan sat with Santa....

Hold on to your hats, people - this is HUGE.
Not only did Ethan SIT with Santa, he even TALKED to him. It's a regular Christmas miracle - my son who's been so timid of anything in a costume finally decided at almost 7 years old that it wasn't so bad if the man in the suit was going to bring him stuff! ;)

Ok...and I also promised the story of the Christmas Squirrel. I was so hoping to have pics to go along with this story, but none of them have turned out very well so far this year, so I'll post the layout I did telling the story. It's a few years old now (so judge accordingly ;)) and was one of the first ones I ever had the nerve to post at 2peas ...

"This year Daddy decided to share with you boys "The Legend of the Christmas Squirrel." As it goes, this legend tells of a little squirrel that lives in the Christmas trees of all the good little boys and girls. This squirrel is a magical squirrel, of course, and his tail is red and white striped like a candy cane. Every morning from the time the tree is up and decorated in the house until Christmas morning, the Christmas Squirrel will leave a candy cane somewhere in the tree for the children to find. You boys were completely fascinated with this tale and eagerly hunted every morning for your candy. Some days it was harder to find than others, but it was always there! Guess you little men were very good this year! Christmas, 2003"

Have a wonderful night :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story and an awesome tradition. I love this post -- so cool! (PS: Love the layouts, too!)

Micaela said...

I wish my 3 year old layouts looked that good...LOL!

Bev said...

I love this story! How fun!

Joanne Bain said...

Stunning layout

Best Wishes
Joanne