Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Horse Country & A Funny

On any message board I frequent, I list my location as "beautiful horse country of Kentucky". But I have to admit I take for granted the beautiful area in which I live way too often. So tonight as we were taking a leisurely drive, I made Hoyte stop at practically every farm we passed (and we passed ALOT) to take some photos of the horses in the fields.
I was fortunate to get some wonderful photos as the horses were actually close to the fence this evening. They are amazing animals. I particularly loved this little guy. He was fascinated with the human taking his photo. He just had to trot over and see what was up. His mama on the other hand wasn't so sure about it all and tried to nudge him along. I love summers in Kentucky. This is us at our best. Ok, second best - the first is Derby Time!








And overheard from the backseat of the car as we were on same said drive:
Ethan: "Mama, can we ride our bikes when we get home? Just in the driveway?"
Me: "Maybe, E. We'll see what time we get home first, ok?"
Ethan: "Ok."

five minutes pass

Ethan: "Daddy? Can we ride our bikes when we get home? Just in the driveway? Mama said we could."
Me: "Ethan, I did not say that. I said 'Maybe'. Do you know what 'maybe' means?"
brief pause
Ethan: "Yeah. It means 'no.'"

Um, yeah...sadly this time he was right! ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! Ethan- that is funny!!!

Anonymous said...

How very picturesque. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photos. I adore horses......always have. Lovely Post Kelly!! and I like your new look.

Tracey Odachowski said...

Um, seriously...you've got a couch, right? Cuz I'm coming to visit!!!

MireiaKDS said...

cute pics!!
i love your country! and your sons are AWESOME!!

thanks for share!

Mireia (spain)

paige said...

just lovely!!