Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Paper Piecing with Punches

Good morning, all!

Today I just wanted to post a little paper piecing card I did with Fiskars tools, yummy BasicGrey Lemonade paper and a few adorable Tessa Ann buttons. It's part of Fiskars' summer school program and it went live on the Fiskars site here this morning. If you visit the site, it even includes full instructions with step out photos as I'm making the card.

Here is my intro to the class. I hope it inspires you to visit Fiskars and play along with us!

********************************
I have always liked scrapbooking. Ok, maybe not always, but it sure seems that way. I've collected bits and pieces of ephemera as long as I can remember and have true "scrap" books since early high school. But it is only recently that I have discovered a love of card making. For the longest time it was hard for me to convert my passion for scrapbooking to other paper crafting forms, but once I figured out that card making was almost like scrapbooking in miniature, a new love of mine was born! I especially like to do paper piecing on my cards. I love the playful, funky look it can give and the fun I have doing it.
*********************************

Have a wonderful summer Tuesday!

xoxo,
k.

8 comments:

Cindy Tobey said...

Beautiful card Kelly!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness....this is stinkin' cute!!! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card and love Tessa's buttons!! I think the link is incorrect for her...it should be www.tessaann.etsy.com (2 a's) :) Thanks for sharing Kelly!

Kelly Goree Photography said...

Thanks so much, Heather - I fixed the link :)

meganklauer said...

Beautiful...beautiful card! Love how bright and cheery it is!

Daniela Dobson said...

Adorable card...love the little cloud! I love making cards, they are much faster than layouts!

Allison Waken said...

This is so cute! I've had tons of fun browsing your blog, amazing layouts - you have a wonderful talent!

craftyvox said...

Beautiful and cute card!! Love it.