Monday, May 10, 2010

Memories Ala Mode

Good morning, all!

I just want to take a minute to share with you that I have the honor of teaching a weekend of classes June 11th and 12th at one of the greatest LSSs I've ever been in – and I'm fortunate that it just happens to be MY local LSS – MEMORIES ALA MODE! This store is located in Frankfort, Kentucky and is absolutely phenomenal! I talk about it and the owners Mendy and Lois every chance I get because I'm so proud of the job they do and the store they run.

They have graciously invited me to teach three classes during the course of the weekend – a layout class, a mini album class and a card class. The details about each are listed below. We'd love love love to have you join us for the entire weekend (or even a day if you'd prefer). Lois and Mendy are offering special deals (including a divine lunch) if you sign up for the entire weekend. Please contact them at the store at 502-695-3477 or by email at memoriesalamode@aol.com to find out more and secure your spot in my class! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Photobucket

Class 1: "HERstory" (Album Class)
As scrapbookers we are often overlooked when it comes to our own albums, photos and story telling. This class will focus on YOU - your goals, your childhood, your life - all captured in an adorable mini-album. Join me as I take something everyday and repurpose it into an album you'll be proud of. Add your story and the album is complete - nothing like a new twist on days gone past!


Photobucket
Class 2 "8- count All Occasion Mod Cards" (Card Class)
This class consists of a beautifully fresh and modern card kit—customizable to any event, season or greeting and perfect as a hand-made gift! Using Offbeat paper and chipboard accents, students will make eight fun cards in standard greeting card size. Suggestions for greetings included!





Class 3 "The Boy's Triple Double" (Layout Class )
As a Mom of three boys herself, if any one knows about scrapbooking for boys, it's me! In my Triple Double class, you'll create three (yes THREE!) double page layouts that are clean, classic and full of color! These layouts only use the standard 4"x6" photo size so you'll also be able to re-use the designs again and again for all those prints you've been hoarding!








And before I go, I wanted to announce the winner of the Ella Publishing eBook - PICTURE PERFECT! It goes to GabyAngel! Congratulations, Gaby! Email me at kelly(dot)goree(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize!!

Happy Monday, everyone!

xoxo, k.

5 comments:

cnelson said...

Those are going to be some FABULOUS classes! I wish there was some way I could get out to Kentucky! Have fun!

Michelle said...

Kelly, how I wish I lived closer!! I sounds like such a great weekend!!! Please share your creations with us when you can!! I would love to see!! :)

GabyCreates.com said...

Yes, please share your creations when you can! I just realized you were here in California and I did not attend!! :(

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,

I live in Australia and never can get to your classes. With a little boy to scrap about I would love love love to go to that triple double. Is there any way to get an online version, just very minimal bullet points and a photo of each double layout? If that were available I would buy it in a hot minute, could you please suggest it to your LSS as an addition to the Memories Ala Mode?

Cheers
Ruth

crazy4scrappin said...

I am from Canada and would love to go to your Triple Double class...just a little far. LOL!!!
I agree with Ruth...if you could sell your sketches and samples online, that would be awesome. I have 2 boys too and sometimes I get stuck for ideas. I hope you can share your layouts soon.